So, you stumbled on my page and now you expect me to tell anything about myself? Aren’t we nosy.
Okay, here goes.
I’m Ikaryas which, unfortunately, isn’t my real name. My real name is Celine although I highly prefer Lien. I’m also the one who came up with this idea and decided on the name given to this little project. Did I Mention I’m Crazy comes fort out of the strange looks we get when people see our collection (which you can also by visiting our webpage). Since we’re quite the collectors of limited or special editions ourself, I’m quite thrown back at the lack of proper previews and reviews of collectible items. Especially in the gaming industry.
So, thinking there are other idiots like us in this world, we started this website/blog/something. Before we actually aired this thing, we already started to think about expanding it. Since we started collecting more than just games and game-related merchandises, namely comics and PF’s (Premium Formats), we thought it would be cool to add those things to DIMIC. Oh, and you can see occasional gadget and movie thingies here too. Isn’t that neat?
You already noticed while reading I write in 3th person? Good. If not, reread and pay attention. I often write in 3th person because the most things I do, we do. Confused already? No? Good.
Since I live together with my boyfriend (Ingis), and started expanding the collection together, I often refer to us instead of I. Cleared that one up.
You want to know more about me now? Sure thing, will do.
Some basic facts:
- Is female (no, that’s not the picture of my neighbor, it really is me, taken on 2011-04-21)
- Born in 1987 in the Netherlands (no, not in Amsterdam but in a town close to Maestricht/Maastricht)
- Lives in Belgium now (some outskirt town close to Ghent) with her boyfriend and thinks about staying there
- Is a student (New Media and Communication Technology)
- Likes subs on all languages even her own (it makes it sooooo easier to hear)
- Loves reading, writing, baking, cooking, gaming and programming
I’ve been gaming since I could wrap my fingers around a controller or crack the passwords on my brothers PC. I’ve always loved gaming and still do. I like virtually every genre in games, it really is just the game itself that has to appeal me, which hardly doesn’t, so I’m good. It’s something completely different for special editions though… I’m a kind of girl that isn’t quickly pleased with figures, special edition, …
And I highly dislike action figures, so those have to be really pretty to convince me to buy them (like the Neca BioShock 2 figures).
My perfect special edition contains (next to the game itself):
- A fancy box; the prettier the better but it has to fit the game
- A rip-able soundtrack; what’s the use of a soundtrack if you can’t put it on your Ipod?
- A real artbook; printed, not one of those lame digital ones
- Posters; I like posters
- Some nifty gadget that no one thought about before; something you never knew you would need (and still don’t)
- A pretty figure; something nice, not a cheap thingie that’s the size of my hand unless it’s a pretty thingie
Special editions that came real close:
- BioShock 2; oh, that LP and those posters and the box and and… oh, I just love it
- Fallout 3; I just adore that lunch box and that bobble head (when the opportunity arises, I’m going to buy another of those lunch boxes to use)
- Anno 1404; oeh, just look at that pretty wooden box, and a working compass ^^ and some seeds… One of the prettiest special editions, too bad it’s for a pc game (but a very good pc game)
- Sonic Generations; oh, such a pretty box! And what a lovely ring with my edition number stamped on it! And an interesting artbook and bonus disc! Even the PVC figure is nicey-nice! I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!!
- Diablo 3; That box! That USB! That art book! All of that stuff! I just LOVE it!– new
So that’s about it.
Go atta boy! Read some reviews (and comment them ^^ that’s something we really like), vote on the current poll, … Go on, have some fun.